Friday, August 14, 2009

Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

This is being blogged by me as I find it very tedious and harrowing to narrate the gruesome incident over and over again to all the people who ask me to do the same. I appreciate all the concern and the innumerable bottles of Horlicks and fruits! :-) I am very glad that there are so many people who care so much for me! :-)

My brother and myself were walking back home from Indira Nagar that night. It was about 10:30 in the night when we entered Mettu Street (the street where my house is). My brother was telling me about swearing in Hindi and then we suddenly we heard someone shout “DEI!!!”. We looked around but didn’t stop walking and then we looked up at the handicrafts showroom opposite my place. We could only make out some silhouettes of people standing there, leaning over the parapet.

They shouted out “enna da mela paakaringa?” (What are you looking at up here?)

My brother asked “enna?” (What?)

They started swearing and, trust me, if ever I have been amazed at the vulgarity of such words it was then!

They kept swearing and then shouted “keezhayae iru naa varaen” (stay down there I will come)

We were confused and didn’t know what to do and we hesitated a bit, right outside the building.

Big mistake.

Three guys, built like hippos, came thundering down the stairs of that building and they made straight for my brother’s throat. I barged into them and pushed them off my brother. Then two of them turned to me and one held my collar and punched me in the right eye. I was wearing my glasses then and I don’t know what happened to them with that punch!

I was blinded by pain and tried to punch him back but I guess he never even felt it as he was totally tight! Then he punched me again and again in the same place and I knew that it was pointless to go on the offensive against such brute force and so I tried to block out the punches.

They dragged me by the shirt collar along the road for about 2 meters and then started kicking me all over. I curled up to avoid any major damages and then I heard people coming. My dad had come down and was preventing them from attacking my brother and then my neighbor was helping me get up. Then I heard my mom screaming hysterically “sashi sashi sashi…what happened!?!” I told her I was fine and then I realized that my eye was bleeding a lot.

Someone gave me a kerchief and then fortunately a police constable came by the place then and saw all this commotion and asked who beat me.

One of the drunk answered impertinently “it was me who beat him. So what?”

That was the last straw and they marched the 3 drunks to the police station and I was asked to come along as well to file a complaint. There were so many people who came along with me. But I can’t remember them all as I was not in a pretty good state.

The police made me wash my eye in a bathroom behind the station and then when I came into the main room of the station I saw that the 3 guys who beat me were made to strip down to their underpants and then made to hug a pillar. Then the inspector beat them so soundly that they were squealing like pigs about to be sent to a slaughterhouse. Then my neighbor, my dad, my brother and a police constable made our way to the Saidapet govt. hospital to get this case booked. They told us that they can only give me an anti-tetanus shot and then we must go to Royapettah hospital or the General Hospital that was opposite the Central Railway Station as the ophthalmologist is available only there. So we made our way to Royapettah and since the eye-doctor was not there we went to the General Hospital opposite to the central railway station.

There I had to get a CT Scan done and also my head was X-rayed and then the long wait began. It was 5 in the morning when the ophthalmologist came and then he checked my eye is a very primitive way and said everything is ok and there were no internal injuries.

In the meantime we were witness to 4 deaths at the casualty ward overnight. I never ever want to see the place again. Not even visit it in my worst nightmares.

I returned home with my dad and brother at about 10 in the morning as we were given the discharge certificate only at about 8:30 in the morning.

It has been a terrible ordeal for me and I wish that it happens to no one else in this world.

God bless the innocent teetotalers and kick those bloody drunkards!

Peace.

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Machi.. They hit you right in the right eye! ;) :P but jokes apart...I know how Random some ppl are(and how idiotic) that we can do nothing bout it!I mean, whats the government planning , by opening Wine shops at the most *Secluded* Paces(Pun intended), don they realise they're creating trouble for the residents? Atleast a constable or a security guard( Without the inclination towards alcohol and its temptation), should be posted near every wine shop located at residential areas.. by this, they can probably give employment to more ppl and also tackle the "DRUNKEN MONKEYS!". Cuz govt gets "Full" Revenue(Taxes extra:P) from the "Alcohol Administrators", which they'll never want to stop from this "Money churning Machines".So, we're given least preference for our safety.. Nothing else to comment ! On this independence day, lets all say together- "Vande MataRUM"! :D

Socially Awkward Paint Monster said...

\\teetotalers//

I saw the pictures on orkut. Man was that SOME punch! haha

Dude, get well soon , naw?

Socially Awkward Paint Monster said...

Swearing in Hindi?
Would I never know?

Nandu said...

Enna oru narration! Manirathnam padam screenplay maadhiri irukku! :D
*applauds* Annana defend panna thambikku oru O podunga!

And how come I N-E-V-E-R get Horlicks at your house! It's always tea or litchee juice.
*sulks*

pepupuppy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hmm.. said...

Manirathnam padama??
Sashi Nai-akkar(aka dog lover) to his parents - "Avana nirutha sollu... *points to the drunkard* Naan nirutharen!" :D

My conspiracy theory is tht sash felt left out after all the attention naren got...so decided to take some "action"! ;)

Mettu Theru Thalaivarrukku oru HUMUNGOUS Horlicks bottle anupalaama?? :p

ReBOrn said...

very sorry abt tht shashi. still unbelievable tht u got bashed up!!! these drunken asses need sound whipping! TAKE CARE!

zippy said...

Now I cum 2 know d real intensity :( Tooo bad, Sashi :(