Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thoughts on a chilly morning in Allahabad....

I like to think about weird things when I am all alone. And especially now, with the big feet of mine being warmed by the bright sunshine streaming in from the nasty looking windows! (Am presently at my brother's hostel room in Allahabad)

What is the ultimate purpose of a human being? It took me some time to ponder upon the exact meaning of this topic. It does not mean anything like Man eats to live or lives to eat. No...I was thinking of something else.

I always felt that the Almighty sent each child to this world with a purpose. He sent Gandhi to fight for the nation's freedom. He sent Sachin Tendulkar to show to the world that a flawless sportsman can exist, both, on and off the field! These are just a few examples from an ocean of many! Every celebrity has something in him or her that has taken them to the Hall of Fame!

So, does everyone have it in them to make it to the top? Yes, but if everyone is at the top then who will constitute the lower levels? People with IQs lower than 100? I don't see many Indians coming in that category! :)

I have always seen the entire world as a toy in The Almighty's hand. It is pretty much analogous to a baby playing with its toys and the adults looking at it and smiling smugly at how little a baby can achieve with its toys.

God might be that adult, looking at us humans as babies with our small cities and skyscrapers. He might even be chuckling to himself and be saying,"You are capable of being more creative, but you don't try!"

If that is how our world is, then why is our race so arrogant about our achievements? Well..I always felt baby talk is coherent to other babies!
So, other humans compliment our work in baby talk...Weird!

What is heaven and hell then? I think God would catch hold of the bad kid and spank his bottom and maybe reward the good kid by giving more toys to play with.

Looks like an entirely new concept to me, but I am sure God was just looking down and saw another of his children looking up at him and trying to analyze what He meant to them!

3 comments:

wizard said...

Nice post.....

Unknown said...

Sudden Enlightenment?


c(_) Chill put with a cuppa coffee!!
or rather, We'll Ponder over this At de college canteen[;)] with a cuppa Flavoured Hot water![:p]


But seriously!
One good analysis!
U'VE BEEN SO VETTY IN ALLHABAD 2 THINK BOUT THIS??*Screams in Wonder*


Bloody Brilliant!

P.S: psst.... i read it jus now, after a month,cuz i was seeing my own blog only 2day,so saw yours also![:D]

Hmm.. said...

Hehehe..caught u in your own writing!!
"He sent Sachin Tendulkar to show to the world that a flawless sportsman can exist, both, on and off the field!"

Mwhahaha...I can now quote u everytime u tease me abt Sachin! :p