Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the weather is...

The weather is making me jot this down(the mosquitoes as well! they r reminding me tht they r present everywhere especially below the table!) . I am from chennai and i have never crossed south india but once! so i am pretty much happy with the humid weather down here. but what am yet to get used to is the sudden increase in the annual rainfall! i remember the extremely cold(for me anything below 18 degree centigrade is cold!) months, november, december and january, they used to make me sleep till 8 and make me late for school! :) but now its not just the cold its also the rains which are making me late for college! chennai has never received so much of rains... i think i am right in saying that it started exactly 3 years back! the year when the tyrant Veerappan was shot down! :) i still believe that the Forest Gods showered their blessings by showing chennai some mercy.
They also helped me in a way as i had a chemistry exam cancelled because of heavy rains! :D
but now the rains have started decreasing and this year was pretty bad compared to the previous. :(
I believe that we should learn a bit of Rain Dance from the Red Indians and do it once every week! and i guess no indian city is suited for rains. chennai is a prime example...roads flooded and long power cuts and trees falling everywhere! :D the brighter side is schools and colleges closing and better water supply during rains!
oh well here i am boring u all to death...am sorry...just wanted to vent my stupid thoughts here..hope i dont get any weirder! :P
au revoir ppl! :)

No comments: